GO Kids Grantees and Volunteers
Our Eastern Oregon grantee, the Pendleton Children’s Center was recently donated the previous Senior Center building in Pendleton. They will be renovating the building to serve as a new childcare facility that can eventually serve up to 150 kids. This is a huge step in reducing the Eastern Oregon childcare desert.
Neighbors For Kids, based out of Depoe Bay, is back in action and working their magic serving children and families from throughout Lincoln County,
Oregon! They were able to host their signature Kids Zone After School Program and their full-day “Little Kids Zone” Preschool Program in-person this spring.
If you have a story to share, please submit it via this link.
GO Kids Coordinator on Leave, May – August 2022
Ruby Buchholtz, Community Engagement Coordinator for GO Kids will be on parental leave from mid-May to the first of August. If you need anything or have any questions, please email GOKids@oregoncf.org. GO Kids team members, Carly Brown, Sonja McKenzie and Kaylin Preston will be monitoring the inbox.
Grant Renewal Process, August 2022
OCF GO Kids staff (including, Ruby Buchholtz, Carly Brown and Sonja McKenzie) will begin reaching out to grantee to schedule a site visit or Zoom call (depending on grantee availability, safety protocols and comfort level for all parties). They will reach out in early August via email.
Grantee Learning Opportunity: Donors, September 19, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. PT, 2022
- Bring your lunch and your questions for an informal GO Kids grantee learning opportunity. The theme will be donors with special guests, OCF Associate Donor Relations Officers, Rena Mahajan and Heather Ohta.
Community Connections: The Opportunity Gap, October 2022 (date and time TBD)
- This is an OCF hosted event where panelists present on a theme for OCF donors and other funders to bring awareness to a topic. Fall’s theme will include the opportunity gap, zip code destiny and how some of OCF grantees are serving their community to overcome these barriers.
Year 2 funding available, November 2022
- We will be mailing checks or direct depositing (set up direct deposit here) your second and final year of funding by November 30, 2022.
If you have a suggestion on how we can support our grantees and other resources we could offer please submit it via this link.
- OCF Logo
- 2017 Tracking Oregon’s Progress (TOP) report (focus: Opportunity Gap)
- 2020 Tracking Oregon’s Progress (TOP) report (focus: Zip code destiny)
- GO Kids Grant Guidelines