The Oregon Legislature allocated a total of $65 million for Project Turnkey, for the purpose of acquiring motels/hotels for use as non-congregate shelter for people experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness.
Two discrete funds were provided by the state: one totaling $30 million to be awarded in counties and tribal communities impacted by the 2020 wildfires; and one totaling $35 million for the remaining 28 counties in the state. Oregon Community Foundation is administering both funds through an application and selection process, with guidance from an Advisory Committee of state, local, and community stakeholders.
- July 20, 2021: National Alliance to End Homelessness, Hotels to Housing Case Studies: Project Turnkey
- July 8, 2021: Oregon Community Foundation Efficiently Wraps Up Project Turnkey with 19 Properties in 13 Oregon Counties, Adding Nearly 900 Units of Emergency Housing, a 20 Percent Increase in the State’s Supply
- July 8, 2021: Oregon Community Foundation Grants Nearly $3 Million to the City of Bend and $3.45 Million to the Joint Office of Homeless Services (Multnomah County) to Purchase Area Motels for Use as Transitional Housing
- June 22, 2021: Oregon Community Foundation Grants $3.9 Million to Providence and $4.2 Million to MWVCAA to Purchase Area Motels for Use as Transitional Housing
- May 28, 2021: Oregon Community Foundation Awards Nearly $7 Million to Rockwood CDC to Bring Critical Help to One of the Poorest Areas of Multnomah County
- May 20, 2021: Oregon Community Foundation Awards $1.35 Million to House and Care for Coos County Veterans and COVID-Affected Individuals
- May 6, 2021: Oregon Community Foundation Awards $7 Million to Central City Concern to Open Recovery-Oriented Housing for Homeless People in East Portland, Oregon
- May 4, 2021: Oregon Community Foundation Awards $2.2 Million to Centro Cultural to Serve Low- Income Latino Families and Seasonal Workers Displaced by the Pandemic
- April 27, 2021: OCF Awards Nearly $2.7 Million to Bethlehem Inn to Shelter Vulnerable Redmond Community Members
- April 22, 2021: OCF Awards $6.2 Million to Washington County to Shelter Vulnerable Community Members
- March 10, 2021: Project Turnkey Gains More Steam, Creating Diverse Geographic Footprint of Safe Shelter for Displaced Oregonians
- February 26, 2021: Oregon’s Project Turnkey Gains Momentum
- February 4, 2021: Oregon’s Project Turnkey Reaches Milestone
Questions can be directed to Megan Loeb, Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions from the media can be directed to Maureen Kenney, Public Relations Manager at email@example.com