Eastern Oregon Border Board Property Improvement Rebate Program
OPEN APPLICATION CYCLE
The Eastern Oregon Border Economic Development Board is charged with implementing investment strategies and practices in workforce and economic development in the region and to make grants to eligible applicants for encouraging regional workforce and economic development.
All loans must significantly impact education, workforce, and/or economic development capacity in the Border Region. Priority will be given to programs and projects that:
- Enhance prosperity in the Border Region
- Improve the Border Region's property tax base
- Improve the Border Region's competitiveness with Idaho
- Increase workforce availability and skills in the Border Region
- Improve the image of Border Region
- Leverage the funds with a complement of outside funding
Eastern Oregon Border Board Funding Programs resource page here.
Who Can Apply
Property owners within the Border Region who are making improvements to existing residential, commercial or industrial properties and/or developing new multi-family residential, commercial and industrial properties to encourage workforce housing and/or economic development.
* Please note that homes within the Vale School District and Annex School District are currently not eligible for this program, as those taxing districts are not participating in this program.
Use of Funds
Property owners who qualify are eligible for the lesser of $20,000 or 15% of the increased tax value in the property. Repairs/improvements must increase the tax assessed value by a minimum of $10,000. Proof of building permits is required. Property taxes must be current at the time of application and remain current throughout out the 10-year reimbursement period.
- Eligible activities include, but are not limited to, façade improvements, structural repairs, major remodels and new development of multi-family residential, commercial or industrial properties within the Region.
- Incentives are not transferrable.
- Applications will be accepted on an open application cycle pending funding availability.
How to Apply
Complete an application and return to Lisa Reeser at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Eastern Oregon Border Board, Attn: Emily Conlon, PO Box 218, Ontario OR 97914. Please include proof of increased assessment, photos/plans or receipts from work done and evidence the property taxes have been paid in full.
- Download the Program Handbook.
- To request an application or to inquire about this program, contact Board Coordinator, Emily Conlon, at email@example.com.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT LOAN APPLICATIONS:
- Emily Conlon, Board Coordinator, Eastern Oregon Border Board, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR TECHNICAL AND MYOCF QUESTIONS:
- Joel Harmon, Grants Management Associate: email@example.com, (503) 227-6846.