Reed and Carolee Walker Fund
A permanent endowment with earnings to be used exclusively to support programs for low-income people, especially children, in Jackson County.
Accepting applications through 2/10/20
This fund was established in 2003 by a generous bequest from Ashland residents Reed and Carolee Walker. It was their will that the Walker Fund be used to help low-income people, particularly children. Reed Walker’s will said in part: “Preference shall be given to organizations that provide food, shelter, emergency needs services and other services...in Jackson County and that provide an opportunity for those living in poverty to become more self-sufficient… In addition, preference shall be given to organizations and elementary schools that provide health, clothing, nutrition services, emergency needs, enhancement programs and field trips for children living in poverty.”
Please review the Walker Fund Grant Program Guidelines for more information about:
- Funding priorities.
- Program details.
- Guiding principles.
- We believe that creative and sustainable solutions come from people who work in partnership to address common needs and aspirations.
- We give high priority to investments that create positive, substantive change and attempt to resolve problems at their source.
- We recognize and respect Oregon's diverse regions and populations, and we seek to advance equity, diversity and inclusion through our programs.
Applications open on December 10 and are accepted until 11:59 p.m. on February 10 each year. Grant decisions are made in early May.
Walker Fund applications are accepted through MyOCF. Only projects serving Jackson County are eligible.
Large organizations with distinctly different program areas may submit more than one application per year to the Walker Fund. However, we recommend combining multiple requests into a single application when possible. If you have questions about multiple applications, please contact Amy Drake: email@example.com.
When you are ready to begin, please visit MyOCF. If you already have some or all of the answers to the application questions in an electronic document, you may cut and paste your text into the online application. Also, you do not need to complete the application in one sitting. You may answer some of the questions, save your work, close out of the system, and then return to it another day to add to your work.
- 501(c)3 letter from the IRS.
- Board list with roles and contributions of board members.
- Project budget detail for the current application year, with income and expenses.
- Organization budget detail for the current year.
- Organization budget actuals and balance sheet for the prior year.
- For organizations with an annual budget of $1 million or more, the most recent audit. Please indicate how often the organization has an audit.
Progress reports are embedded in the Walker Fund application due February 10 (approximately nine months after the grant award). If you are not submitting an application for a previously funded project, please fill out a final report form in lieu of a progress report by August 1. (Final reports are not required if you are reapplying for the same project.) Grant award letters contain specific information about reporting requirements.
- Online Application (Online applications open December 10 and close February 10 at 11:59 p.m.).
- Final Report Form (August 1 deadline).
Note: Final reports are not required for the majority of grantees. Please complete a final report only if 1) you received a grant and did not report on your progress via a new application by February 10; 2) you are at the end of a multiyear legacy grant; or 3) OCF staff has specifically requested a final report.
Please email your completed final report form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before contacting us, please review our Tips for Nonprofits Communicating with OCF.
For questions about grant applications:
- Amy Drake, program officer for Southern Oregon: email@example.com, (541) 773-8987.
For technical and MyOCF questions:
- Leann Do, lead program associate: firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 227-6846.