Trail Blazers Foundation Fund
The Trail Blazers are dedicated to positively impacting the lives of historically underserved children and families where they live, learn and play.
APPLICATION WINDOW: MARCH 1 - April 30
The TBFF gives grants to nonprofits throughout Oregon and southwest Washington to support underserved youth and their families across three focus areas.
The TBFF has three funding streams: LIVE Greener, LEARN and PLAY:
- LIVE Greener Grant Guidelines: General operating support or program funding for organizations connecting youth with the environment for education, preservation and employment.
- LEARN Grant Guidelines: General operating support or program funding for organizations supporting youth in their journey to and through high school.
- PLAY Grant Guidelines (presented by Nike): General operating support or program funding for organizations getting kids from traditionally underserved communities and their families active.
Geographic Focus & Organizational Requirements
Grant applications are accepted from nonprofits throughout Oregon and southwest Washington.
Applications are accepted from organizations that are a 501(c)(3) public charity, an IRC 7871 federally recognized Indian tribe, or a government entity (such as a city parks and recreation department).
Frequency of Application
- You may apply for one TBFF grant type (LIVE Greener, LEARN or PLAY) per year.
- You may receive only one grant from TBFF per year.
- Applying to TBFF does not preclude you from applying to other OCF grant programs.
- This grant program is not open to applications in 2019. Additional funding will be available to organizations that received funding in 2018 provided they continue with programming and remain in good standing. Applications for LIVE Greener, LEARN and PLAY grants won’t be accepted again until spring 2020.
NOT Eligible for Funding (all funding streams)
- Organizations that discriminate based on age, ethnicity/race, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or other disability, or national origin.
- Individuals (including scholarships, stipends, fellowships and personal assistance).
- Scholarship funding, unless it's the core purpose of your organization. If you'd like to provide underserved youth access to your programming, please apply to the program expenses rather than the scholarship amount.
- Research or project planning activities.
- Endowments, memorials, budget deficits or fundraising activities.
- Religious organizations whose programs do not have a secular and community focus.
- Lobbying, political or fraternal activities.
- Organizations that intend to regrant the funds awarded.
- Projects and events that occur prior to the TBFF grant award.
Spring 2020 Application Process & Online Application Questions
- Is my organization/program eligible? Please review Eligibility.
- Is my organization/program competitive? Please review Funding Priorities & Grant Guidelines.
- Is the application window open? (March 1 to April 30). Deadline: April 30 at 5 p.m.
- Login to MyOCF to fill out your application. If you haven't used MyOCF before, you will be asked to register first, but you will not be required to immediately enter any grant application information yet. Once you start your grant application, you may finish it over the course of several weeks, as long as it is completed by the deadline (in other words, you are not required to finish the application in one sitting).
Applicants may wish to preview the online application questions linked below before completing the application.
- LIVE Greener Grants - online application questions (preview)
- LEARN Grants - online application questions (preview)
- PLAY Grants - online application questions (preview)
We suggest that you prepare answers to your questions in a word processor and paste them into the online application.
A progress report is due nine months after a grant is awarded. Please review the reporting requirements included in your award letter and email your completed report to OCF-TrailBlazersFund@oregoncf.org.
If you have questions about your report, please email us at OCF-TrailBlazersFund@oregoncf.org.