Donor Designated funds are created by donors to support one or more charitable organizations.
The information below is for recipients of designated fund grants
Designated funds are created by donors to support a specific charitable organization(s). OCF currently has more than 300 designated funds making over 600 grants benefiting over 350 nonprofits each year. Most distributions are made in July.
We are pleased to announce that OCF can directly deposit designated grant distributions electronically. If you are interested, please download and complete the Automated Clearing House Form. Due to security concerns we ask that you do not email the completed form. Please follow the instructions on the form for returning it to OCF.
Reports are electronic and only required from selected organizations based on the criteria below. Selected grantees will receive an email with their electronic form(s).
The report, due by March 1, details how the funds were used and outlines plans to spend any carryover funds. These reports are reviewed by OCF's staff. If it is determined that the funds were used appropriately, the next year's distribution is approved at a board of directors meeting in May, followed by actual payment in July.
Criteria for reports:
- Organizations receiving $20,000 or more in designated grants will be required to report each year. In this situation, a report must be submitted for all designated grants received, regardless of size.
- Example #1: Organization receives one designated grant annually of $21,000. The organization must submit a yearly report for this grant.
- Example #2: Organization receives three designated grants annually of $15,000, $5,000 and $1,000. The total amount received is $21,000. The organization must submit a yearly report for all three grants.
- Organizations receiving less than $20,000 will report at least once every three years.
My organization receives less than $20,000 annually. How do I know the years in which I will be expected to submit a report?
- Organizations beginning with the letters A-E will be required to submit reports for grants received in 2021, 2024, 2027 and so on.
- Organizations beginning with the letters F-O will be required to submit reports for grants received in 2022, 2025, 2028 and so on.
- Organizations beginning with the letters P-Z will be required to submit reports for grants received in 2023, 2026, 2029 and so on.
My organization received a grant from the DeArmond Funds. When do I need to submit a report?
The Bob and Leona DeArmond Community and Culture Fund and the Bob and Leona DeArmond Career Technical Education Fund will request grant reports on a different timeline than the specific criteria for Designated grants. Grant reports are due August 15th of the same year. Please complete and submit the DeArmond Foundation Report Form. Due to security concerns we ask that you do not email the completed form. Please follow the instructions on the form to submit your report.
Institutional Scholarship Reports
Grants that are made specifically for institutions to distribute as scholarships are on a different timeline than other designated grants. They are approved by the OCF education committee in April and distributed in late April or early May. An institutional scholarship report will be emailed to you for completion by December 1.
Start by reading our Tips for Nonprofits Communicating with OCF (PDF) before you contact OCF
If you need assistance with designated fund grants, please contact:
If you need assistance with institutional scholarship grants, please contact: