Eastern Oregon Border Board Ready Workforce Mobilization Grant
APPLICATION WINDOW: AUGUST 1 - SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
The Eastern Oregon Border Economic Development Board is charged with implementing investment strategies and practices in workforce and economic development in the region and to make grants to eligible applicants for encouraging regional workforce and economic development.
All grant awards must significantly impact education, workforce, and/or economic development capacity in the Border Region. Priority will be given to programs and projects that:
- Enhance prosperity in the Border Region
- Improve the Border Region's property tax base
- Improve the Border Region's competitiveness with Idaho
- Increase workforce availability and skills in the Border Region
- Improve the image of Border Region
- Leverage the funds with a complement of outside funding
Eastern Oregon Border Board Funding Programs resource page here.
Who Can Apply
Businesses, non-profit organizations, local governments and education service providers located in the Region.
Use of Funds
Purchase equipment, facility upgrades, start-up costs, expansion or other products and services necessary to mobilize a workforce around housing, childcare, transportation and accessibility.
- Maximum grant is $100,000 per project.
- One to one matching funds are required; exclusive of in-kind match. Documentation must be provided.
- Grant may only be used for direct costs; indirect costs are not eligible and may not be applied toward the matching fund requirement.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can prove sustainability of the proposed project. Evidence of sustainability may include but is not limited to review of financial statements, business plans, etc.
- Preference will be given to projects targeting current or potential employees living and working or living and attending school full time in the Region.
- Application deadline is September 30, 5 p.m. Mountain Time
How to Apply
Questions or guidance on a specific application must be submitted in writing at least two weeks prior to an application deadline to ensure adequate time for a response from the Eastern Oregon Border Board. Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Download the Program Handbook
- Applications are accepted through MyOCF. You must be a registered user to access OCF’s Grants Portal. If you don’t have an account, you can create one by following the instructions on the MyOCF login screen.
- To preview the application questions, please visit here.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT GRANT APPLICATIONS:
- Emily Conlon, Board Coordinator, Eastern Oregon Border Board, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR TECHNICAL AND MYOCF QUESTIONS:
- Joel Harmon, grants management associate: email@example.com, (503) 227-6846.