Eastern Oregon Border Board Education and Workforce Training Grant
APPLICATION WINDOW: FEBRUARY 1 - MARCH 31, 2022
The Eastern Oregon Border Economic Development Board is charged with implementing investment strategies and practices in workforce and economic development in the region and to make grants to eligible applicants for encouraging regional workforce and economic development.
All grant awards must significantly impact education, workforce, and/or economic development capacity in the Border Region. Priority will be given to programs and projects that:
- Enhance prosperity in the Border Region
- Improve the Border Region's property tax base
- Improve the Border Region's competitiveness with Idaho
- Increase workforce availability and skills in the Border Region
- Improve the image of Border Region
- Leverage the funds with a complement of outside funding
Eastern Oregon Border Board Funding Programs resource page here.
Who Can Apply
Local educational service providers within the Border Region.
Use of Funds
Programs, equipment, and/or facility upgrades for workforce training that conforms with identified industry standards.
- Industry letters of support to support the need for training
- One-to-one match
- Maximum grant is $100,000 per project
- Application deadline is March 31, 5 p.m. Mountain Time
How to Apply
Questions or guidance on a specific application must be submitted in writing at least two weeks prior to an application deadline to ensure adequate time for a response from the Eastern Oregon Border Board. Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Download the Program Handbook
- Applications are accepted through MyOCF. You must be a registered user to access OCF’s Grants Portal. If you don’t have an account, you can create one by following the instructions on the MyOCF login screen.
- To preview the application questions, please visit here.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT GRANT APPLICATIONS:
- Lisa Reeser, Board Coordinator, Eastern Oregon Border Board, email@example.com.
FOR TECHNICAL AND MYOCF QUESTIONS:
- Joel Harmon, grants management associate: firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 227-6846.