The Ben Serafin Fund
Annual scholarships and grants for recipients in Douglas County, primarily in the community of Glide.
APPLICATION WINDOW: JUNE 1 - JULY 15 ANNUALLY
The Ben Serafin Fund of Oregon Community Foundation was created in 2007 in honor of Ben Serafin, a community leader, founder of the Fall Creek Ranch Foundation and longtime resident of Glide.
The Ben Serafin competitive grants program accepts applications for the fall cycle to support local service districts and nonprofits in Douglas County, with preference given to organizations located in Glide and serving the Glide community. Approximately $50,000 is available for grantmaking each year.
Applications are accepted through MyOCF. You must be a registered user to access OCF's Grants Portal. If you don't have an account, you can create one by following the instructions on the MyOCF login screen.
Grants sizes from this fund typically range from $2,000 to $15,000 with occasional grants of $20,000 or larger.
Grant applications are accepted annually from June 1 to July 15 at midnight.
- Grant Application Form for Douglas County Programs.
- Online Application Questions.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Using the Grants Portal.
Please note: The Ben Serafin Fund grant program does not accept multiyear funding requests.
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status letter from the IRS.
- Board of directors list (including contact information, affiliations and the skills and experience each contributes to the organization).
- Organization budget for the current year.
- Organization budget for the past year.
- Most recent audited financial statements (if available).
- Multiyear project budget (if applicable).
- Project graphic, schematic or timeline (optional).
Please note: We strongly recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer to fill out your application. Safari has been found to have some technical difficulties.
Post-grant evaluation reports are due on July 15 of each year. A new grant application will not be considered unless evaluation reports have been submitted for all previous grants. This program uses OCF's standard grant evaluation form.
Graduates from Douglas County high schools are eligible to apply for scholarships, though priority is given to graduates of Glide High School. The application is available in the spring at Glide High School. Please email Chris Clair at Glide High School if you need a copy of the application. The application deadline is usually the last Thursday in April.
Scholarship recipients are notified in June. Note that students are eligible for four years of support but must apply each year.
For more information, please contact: