For Professional Advisors
Help Your Clients Create Legacies with Planned Giving.
Legacy gifts can be an integral part of financial and estate planning. Our expert staff can help you identify the best planned giving option for your clients.
- Simple bequests through a will or living trust may qualify your client for an estate tax deduction based on the bequest’s value. Bequests may consist of cash, securities or other assets, or the residue of an estate.
- Charitable remainder trusts distribute an annual specified percentage to one or more non-charitable beneficiaries, usually the donors, for life or a term of years. The remainder interest creates or adds to an OCF fund. CRTs can be funded with cash, securities, real estate or other assets and OCF can serve as trustee.
- Charitable lead trusts provide an income stream to an OCF fund over a term of years. The assets are then distributed back to the donor or the donor’s heirs.
- Gift annuities pay your client and/or a designee a fixed amount annually for life in return for a donation of cash or appreciated securities. The remainder interest creates or adds to an OCF fund.
- Life insurance/IRA beneficiaries. IRAs listing OCF as the beneficiary pass to an OCF fund free of estate and income taxes. OCF can be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, and the donor can also transfer the policy irrevocably to OCF.